Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Main Thing is to Not Give Up Hope!!

It's been eight years now since my divorce. I was married for nineteen years when my husband announced he was leaving. I had four children. One was a getting ready to start her senior year in high school. We were all crushed. I dropped to a pretty deep low and was pretty broken. But I think I was one of the lucky ones. I had people all around me coming to my aid. I do have a deep faith and turned to God a lot during that time. I was sent people I barely knew to help me and my kids get through this time. I never gave up hope that God had a plan for us.

When I found out my husband was having an affair I began to finally let go. I started to make plans for our future and a lot of praying was involved. I know some of you may be stuck in the same situation. I know some of you are undecided on what to do. But no matter what your beliefs are don't give up on your future. Make one! You do what's best for you to move forward. For me, it was picking up my family and leaving a neighborhood my kids had grown up in and moving closer to family.

After my husband left he wasn't what you would call in the picture anymore. He decided to start completely over, leaving us behind. My family were my angels. They were there for my kids. My kids ranged in ages from 5 to 16 and when I wasn't there to help them because of work or other commitments my parents were. We made it through somehow relying on each other.

So my message to you today is to not give up hope. If there is something you want out of life then go for it. You do what you need to do to move forward and everything else will fall in to place. I have really great kids though so that helped a lot. They were very supportive and thought of me more than themselves. My oldest daughter who was a junior at the time, helped me make my decision to move by telling me that they would do whatever I needed to do. I am very blessed.

Today I am remarried to a wonderful man and have fulfilled my dream of earning my college degree. I am still searching for a job, but that's another story all in itself. So my words to you today is don't give up on love or life. If you do, they win.

I hope this encourages any  of you out there struggling with divorce. I know the agony and destruction divorce can cause in ones life. I have lived it and survived. Let me know your story and what you are hoping for tomorrow? How are you keeping the hope? It may be by just taking one step at a time. Hang in there, because tomorrow's another day. 

-Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment